The best line of defense against getting the flu, a cold or coronavirus is to wash your dang hands.
The spread of the deadly coronavirus is scary, but health officials say that you can protect yourself from getting sick or spreading germs with a few useful tips. Avoid handshakes, sneeze or cough into your elbow and above all else, wash your hands.
You should wash your hands after using the restroom, before eating, before and after handling food, after coughing and sneezing and after handling trash.
Not only is properly washing your hands easy, it’s also extremely effective at stopping the spread of germs and diseases. It requires less than 30 seconds and prevents you, your kids, your spouse, friends, coworkers and even people you don’t know from getting sick.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has provided easy tips for doing it:
1. Wet your hands with clean water. It doesn’t matter if it’s hot or cold, use whatever is comfortable for you.
2. Apply soap to your hands. Soap cleans your hands better than just using water. According to doctors, you don’t even have to use antibacterial soap — any kind will do.
3. Rub your hands together to lather up the soap, then turn off the tap to save water.
4. Spread the lather to the backs of your hands and in between your fingers. Try to get it under your fingernails too — bonus points if you use a nail brush to remove more dirt and germs.
5. Now scrub your hands together for at least 20 seconds. If you don’t want to count out those seconds, sing the Happy Birthday song to yourself twice without rushing through it.
6. Rinse your hands completely with clean water.
7. Dry your hands using a clean towel or an air dryer. Some studies have shown that paper towels are more effective and hygienic than air dryers, but most agree that drying your hands right after washing them is important to stop the spread of germs no matter how you do it.
Tip: If you’re in public restroom and have access to paper towels, use a clean towel to open the restroom door as you leave. That will shield your hands from the germs of people who left without washing their hands.
Kindly forward and share this article with your friends, family and contacts on social media. Saving lives and preventing the spread of Coronavirus is a responsibility for all of us.
Also, watch the video below for further demonstration