Gun Lover who decided to Give up his GUNS and live a “Gun-free Lifestyle” following the Las Vegas Shooting has received Death Threats from Gun Lovers and Trump Supporters

An American man who posted pictures on Facebook giving his guns over to local police says he received multiple death threats after the post went viral. The original post, which has since been deleted, showed 36-year-old Jonathan Pring posing with his tactical rifle, then handing a bag of guns to the officer.

Mr Jonathan Pring, a long time Gun Lover had a change of mind and conflicting feelings after the Las Vegas shooting that left 59 dead and 527 seriously injured. He started having second thoughts about the whole issue of the acquisition and stockpiling of weapons and started wondering if there was something wrong with guns and the lax attitudes towards guns in America and that’s where his problems started.

Mr Pring said he wanted to make a change after the shooting deaths of 58 people in Las Vegas on October 1. The post is still circulating around Facebook, garnering more threats from people who say Pring should be shot and some who shared his home address to the social media site, according to the Phoenix New Times.

Pring posted about how his views on guns have changed since going viral, but said he still believes “common sense gun controls” could have stopped the Vegas shooting.

“I made a decision to hand over my guns,” he posted. “It is my personal opinion and it is my right. However, in light of my new found fame I am reminded that guns are a valued part of the American story.”

“Many of the negative comments I received mentioned ‘bad guys.’ I ask you, if you are the person sending me threatening and hateful messages simply for expressing my 1st Amendment rights, perhaps it is you who is the bad guy?”

His story has reached the Trump train Facebook group and naturally, there was no sympathy for him. Some members of the Trump Train group said that he should pay for his betrayal and that the only way he can be forgiven is if he can go back to the Police Station and collect his guns and make a public statement saying that he was to stay with his weapons and he was a strong believer of the second amendment.